I was nominated for the Liebster award by Rachel at http://collegeoncrutches.wordpress.com/ (for some stupid reason it won’t let me do the nice links 😦 If anyone wants to help me figure that out, feel free please!). She is such a sweetheart for nominating me, I’m so honored that she likes my blog! If you haven’t already, go check her blog out! It’s raw, real and awesome! It’s one of my all time favorites 😉
Instructions for presenting a Liebster Nomination:
-Thank the blogger who nominated you.
-Post the Liebster Award image on the acceptance post and/or as a widget.
-Share any 11 facts/things about yourself.
-Answer the 11 questions given.
-Nominate other bloggers
-Compile 11 questions for your nominees.
-Let your Nominees know by commenting on their blogs.
11 facts about me:
1. I sleep so hard that I’m borderline comatose
2. I love some weird food combinations (fried egg on peanut butter, raisins in cottage cheese, skittles in brownies, maple syrup on scrambled eggs, you get the idea…)
3. I am closer to my cousin than I am my sisters
4. I have worn glasses since I was 8 years old
5. I find sleeping during the day, with sunlight filling the room, super relaxing
6. I always, always, ALWAYS wear at least 2 shirts at once
7. I only wear “real” shoes a handful of times a year…I’m totally a flip flop girl :]
8. I never ever brush my hair
9. I have a habit of listening to the same song on repeat, for weeks and weeks on end
10. I only dance while cooking
11. I cannot stand the feeling of wet paper, I seriously will not touch it
Questions from College On Crutches:
1. Where is the most interesting place your blog has been read?- I noticed some views in Pakistan a few weeks ago.
2. What is your favorite libation?- Well when I am allowed to drink (which is not anytime soon) I am a big fan of a nice sweet white wine, or a Southern Comfort and Coke. :]
3. Kindle/ipad or “old fashioned” book?- “Old fashioned” for sure. It’s just not the same on a screen.
4. If you could do anything in the world what would it be?- Become a doctor and heal people.
5. When did you decide to start blogging and why?- Almost a year ago (note to self: check on that date), and I’m not really sure why. I think something deep down inside me knew that my life was about to be flipped upside down and I would need the outlet, and boy was it right.
6. How do you feel about sharing your story with the internet? Is it fun? Nerve wracking?- I love it. I am very much an open book, there isn’t much I won’t talk about, even to people I don’t know well…but this is different. Here I can write my deepest thoughts, things I don’t want to bother my friends with, or things that just are not meant to be spoken out loud. It is also nice that (as far as I know) there is only 1 person who reads this blog who knows me in person, so I can write what I want and not feel strange knowing that so-and-so knows x, y, and z.
7. What’s your “specialty meal”?- In my family I am famous for my green bean casseroles (a favorite of mine), and my “World Famous Bean Dip” (a 7 layer taco dip)
8. What is your favorite holiday and how do you celebrate it?- Christmas. I find the traditions associated with the Christmas holiday very comforting. I love the rituals of decorating, the family tradition of the Christmas Eve candlelit church service, the opportunity to put effort into picking gifts I know everyone will like, the family time, and the excitement for the coming new year.
9. Who is one person who has changed your life for the better?- I have a dear friend who I think came into my life at just the right time, and who has made the process of divorce and finding who I am without my husband quite a bit easier…although she probably has no idea that she has.
10. What do you do to unwind from a long day?- Meditate, then lay in bed and binge watch my favorite tv shows
11. Who is your favorite author, or do you have a favorite book?- There is no way I could pick just one! Some of my favorites are Little Women, The Scarlet Letter, Anna Karenina, The Scarlet Pimpernel, and pretty much anything Jodi Picoult
Questions for nominees:
This post is taking forever, so just answer those questions ^, or make up your own, I don’t care 😉
Gee whiz that was long! Have fun! 🙂